By Jeffrey Buck
It’s that time of year again. Time to get out the running shoes and go ‘Wild’ at the zoo.
The Detroit Zoo will be playing host to its annual Run Wild for the Detroit Zoo on Sunday, September 16. The event is comprised of three events; 5K and 10K runs, as well as a noncompetitive 1.5-mile Fun Walk. Participants in the running events will cruise through the scenic streets of Huntington Woods surrounding the Zoo while walkers will enjoy award-winning animal habitats as they stroll through Zoo grounds.
Sign up by Friday to take advantage of a $5 discount. Here are all the details about the events:
- Start Times: 5K at 8 a.m. | 10 K at 8:45 a.m. | Walk at 9:00 a.m.
- Online Registration through Sept. 12 at detroitzoo.org/runwild
- Zoo Registration available Sept. 14, 15 & 16
- Medals awarded to the top two male and female finishers in each age category
- Commemorative T-shirt and free admission to Zoo on race day included
- Post-race party includes live music, family entertainment, complimentary food and beverages
The Zoo is looking for 200 volunteers to assist during the event. For information on volunteer opportunities, contact Linda Denomme at (248) 541-5717 x.3806 or email@example.com.
Image | Source